We recently wrote about Delta making changes to all of their American Express cards coming in 2020. Even though all of them saw a price increase, and are losing benefits (exception being the Blue card), American Express is offering you an increased incentive to sign up for the cards.
- Gold: 60,000 miles after 2k spend in 3 months + $50 after first Delta purchase
- Platinum: 75,000 miles and 5k MQM after $3,000 within 3 months + $100 after first Delta purchase
- Reserve: 75,000 miles and 10k MQM after $5,000 within first 3 months
- Gold Business: 70,000 miles after $4,000 within 3 months + $50 after first Delta purchase
- Platinum Business: 80,000 miles + 5,000 MQM after $6,000 within 3 months + $100 after first Delta purchase
- Reserve Business: 80,000 miles and 10,000 MQM after $6,000 within 3 months
With the new changes that American Express and Delta are doing to these cards in the coming 2020 year, I’m not sure that it’s worth it to keep these cards long term unless you’re a really avid Delta flyer. That being said, if you sign up for any of these offers now, you would get into the card with an increased offer and with a lower annual fee.
As far as the offers themselves, the Gold cards are not offering a high sign up bonus. The Platinum and Reserve offers are tied with their all time high. So really, I don’t think it’s worth applying for the Gold card. The Platinum and Reserve card would probably be the ones to go after.
What do you think about these offers? Do they make up for the changes that Delta and American Express are implementing in the 2020 year? Let us know down in the comment section below.