My favorite part about using a referral through American Express is that the person applying does not necessarily have to apply for the same card that you have. It makes it much easier to refer someone else to American Express.
Recently, we saw some of the lower tier cards offering lower referral bonuses, but there may be a way to get a better referral if you happen to have a business credit card through American Express.
If you happen to have a business credit card through American Express, you may be able to get a higher refer bonus. In order to access the referral link, go to: refer a friend->select the card you want to refer from->select referral link-> copy and paste your link in an incognito browser.
To our surprise, for the person applying for the card does not need to apply for a business card. At the bottom of the page, there is a button that asks if you are looking for a personal card instead. Collectively then, you should be able to apply for any noteworthy card American Express offers.
- Blue Cash Preferred: $300 when you spend $1,000 within 3 months
- Blue Cash Everyday: $250 when you spend $1,000 within 3 months
- Everyday Preferred: 30,000 MR when spending $2,000 within 3 months
- Everyday: 25,000 MR when you spend $2,000 within 3 months
- Green: 25,000 MR when you spend $1,000 within 3 months
- Gold: 50,000 MR when you spend $2,000 within 3 months
- Platinum: 75,000 MR when you spend $5,000 within 3 months
- Cash Magnet: $250 when you spend $1,000 within 3 months
Overall, these are all great offers. While some of these may not be the highest offer ever, they are all above the standard sign up bonus. Frankly, I wish referrals would always offer an increased sign up bonus, but what can you do?
What do you think about these offers? Are you applying for any of them? Let us know below!