Quantas is the biggest airline in Australia, and they have announced some changes coming to their loyalty program. They are touting this change as their biggest change since the introduction of the program over 30 years ago. Without further adieu,
- 1,000,000 more award seats per year, including Air New Zealand and Air France/KLM
- Carrier charges will decrease by up to 50%
- Award Prics for economy flights will drop by ~10%
- Award Prices for premium economy and business class will increase by ~10%
- Points Club Program
- Creation of Lifetime Platinum Status
Overall these are some pretty nice changes, having more availability to the tune of 1,000,000 seats per year is nice. While the price of premium economy and business class are going up, it looks like flying will be more affordable for those stuck in basic economy. The creation of a Points Club Program will allow you to earn points in ways other than just flying. Finally, being able to earn lifetime status by spending a ton of money every year is definitely nice for those big spenders.
Would you agree that this is the biggest change to the program for the last 30 years? Let us know below!